The National Committee for Professional Standards is a committee established by the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference and Catholic Religious Australia to oversee the development of policy, principles and procedures in responding to Church-related abuse complaints.
Additionally, there are State Directors of Professional Standards and Resource Groups to advise and assist in matters concerning Church-related abuse and to appoint suitable people as contact persons, support persons, assessors and facilitators.
The phone numbers for the State Professional Standards offices are:
- Tasmania - 1800 356 613
- New South Wales - 1300 369 977
- Northern Territory - 0418 736 890
- Victoria - 1800 816 030
- Queensland - 1800 337 928
- Western Australia - 1800 072 390
- South Australia - 1800 139 020